Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I guess that's good to know...

2:33am.

My wife shoots up to a sitting position in bed.

"What's wrong?" I ask groggily.

She replies with a series of words that are either random syllables or words I'm still not awake enough to process.

"What?" I ask.

Five more syllables, I think I heard "beer beaches" or "barbie shoes" in there, then she pats me somberly on the leg and says "I thought you should know."

Then she flops back down onto her pillow.

"What?" I think. Was the first thing she said the key to the cryptic second part? Was her Delphic wisdom was lost to me forever?

Suddenly she's up again, this time only halfway to sitting. I listen eagerly to her followup.

She hits the snooze button on her clock radio and falls back to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO.
At least she wasn't RIGHT in your face pointing an accusing finger at you and admonishing you for God Knows What.
We've established that you HAVE seen season 2.5 of Gallactica... but I don't want to ruin it for any of your readers. Let's just say that I have a very minute fear of a Chief Tyrol/Cally incident occurring one night.